Party or Parties: shall mean either BHMC or You, (together referred to as the
BHMC/Beaver: Herein “We”, “Us” and “Our” means BHMC (Beaver Home
Maintenance Company)/Beaver and its affiliates in its capacity as the manager
of the benefits owed under these Terms and Conditions.
shall mean “You” or “Your” referring to the subscriber of this Plan(s) or an authorized representative(s) on behalf of the subscriber.
Beaver’s call center that Customers contact to place orders, track enquiries, send invoices and request support services.
- Home Manager:
means skilled employee of Beaver or a hired independent person for particular repair or replacement services.
means the period of one (1) year, beginning with the Effective Date.
- Effective Date:
means the date the Customer becomes eligible for Covered Repairs under the Plan(s) subscribed.
property location of the Customer.
- Renewal Date:
means the day following receipt of the Plan payment in order to renew Beaver maintenance services for another Term.
- Beaver Home App:
The free of charge mobile application available to download on any Android (Google Play) or Apple device (App store) operating system (including iPad and tablets) that allows Customers to access the Plan(s), make requests and receive notifications.
- Maintenance Service Time per Visit:
means one (1) hour maximum per Site visit on a prior appointment basis.
- Covered Repair(s):
means the repair or replacement of eligible parts or materials covered by the Plan(s) selected by the Customer.
- Non-Covered Repairs:
means any and all repairs (including but not limited to, materials and associated labor charges) that occur on services or materials not explicitly stated as a Covered Repair under the Plan(s) selected by the Customer.
On confirmation of receipt of payment for the Plan(s) selected, a notification shall be sent by the Beaver Helpdesk portal to the Customer via the Mobile App or email provided.
- Subscription Date:
means the date on which payment is made by the Customer to Beaver for a particular Plan.
means maintenance services including carpentry, electrical, plumbing, air conditioning etc. No transfer of possession or ownership takes place when Services are sold.
- Service Request/Call:
is when the Customer contacts the Helpdesk number +234 80 80 474 444 or sends a request through the Mobile App for Covered and Non-Covered Repairs.
- Routine Maintenance Check:
means regular maintenance visits to Site unrequested by the Customer for the purpose of making sure all Covered items are in sound working condition.
- Maintenance Report Document:
means the document which has all the details of a Service Request/Call. It must be signed off by the Customer on completion of Service Request.
- Access Code:
means the code received by the Customer when a Service Request is logged. The assigned Home Manager must have the same code to gain access to the Site.
is the collection of data associated with a particular Customer provided at the time of subscribing to a Plan.
means the data provided by the Customer such as the Customer’s name, mobile number, email id, property details or any other personal information shared by Customer within the website or the application.
Website shall mean the website of BHMC/Beaver which is www.beaver.ng
Terms & Conditions
Plan(s): means the subscription to be utilized by the Customer (Premium /Premium Plus/Custom) and provided by Beaver as a prepaid service. This includes the replacement, rectification and repair services for Covered Repairs required due to normal wear and tear. The Customer becomes entitled to Covered Repairs pursuant to their Plan(s) after the first payment is received and continues thereafter for the duration of their Plan(s).
In the event of non-payment, the Customer will be notified of the non-payment. If the Customer fails to rectify this, the Plan(s) shall be suspended at the end of the Term and thus, so will the Covered Repairs. Services will be automatically renewed upon receipt of payment from the Customer indicating a new Term and thus so will the Terms and Conditions herein. Once a Service Request has been executed, No refunds will be provided for any Cancellations during the Term. All Plan(s) are linked to a specific address.
Parties agree that these Terms and Conditions do not give rise to an insurance contract.
Non-Covered Repair Quotation: means the quote submitted by the Service Desk to the Customer prior to undertaking any Non-Covered Repair work. The quotation will contain information identifying the Non-Covered Repairs and the charges. Once the quotation is approved by the Customer, a Beaver Home Manager will then undertake the Non-Covered Repairs. Approval by the Customer amounts to an acceptance of the charges associated with the Non-Covered Repairs. Based on the approval received from the Customer, Beaver will issue an invoice for the Customer’s immediate payment which is separate from any amounts paid or payable as per the Plan(s). Payment must be made before the execution of any Non-Covered Repairs.
- Benefits of the Plan(s): when a Service Request is made by the Customer requiring a Home Manager, or if believed that a Home Manager is required, the Customer shall be entitled to have a Home Manager assigned and dispatched to the Site. Beaver will dispatch a Home Manager to undertake the repairs under the Plan(s). Response time is no later than 24 hours. Beaver will handle Service Requests/Calls between 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday only. Requests received on Friday will be handled on Saturday. Beaver phone lines are not open on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Procedure: Procedure to be followed for repairs is as follows:
i. In case of Covered Repair, the Customer is to make a Service Request via app, website or phone call.
ii. The visit will be scheduled to occur within 24 hours of Service Request and an Access Code sent to the Customer. Beaver will arrange for a Home Manager to undertake the Covered Repair at Site. The Home Manager must have a corresponding Access Code to gain access to the Site.
iii. The Customer will have no bills to pay for Covered Repairs but must sign off the Maintenance Report Document at the conclusion of repairs. If the work to be performed is not a Covered Repair, (Non-Covered Repairs), please refer to no 2 above.
- Service Expenses: Beaver will only bear the cost of labour and materials covered in the Plan (including Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry works etc.) However, the Customer will bear any and all costs for any Non-Covered Repairs, including all materials and labour charges, which will be billed separately. Beaver shall provide a formal quotation to the Customer for approval for any required material, parts and labour on a Non-Covered Repair Quotation. Preventive Maintenance is not covered under any Plan(s).
- Service and Material Requirements: The Customer does not need to make any payments directly to a Home Manager. All payments for service (labour) and materials are covered in the subscription payment. In case of fittings be replaced, Beaver uses only a range selected fittings. If the Customer prefers to use their own choice of fittings, they are free to provide them at no cost to or refund from Beaver. All Plumbing and Electrical works must be surface. Any repair that requires wall breaking must be handled as a Non-Covered Repair if the Customer is not on a Custom Plan.
- Access: The Home Manager is required to have an Access Code which is the same as that sent to the Customer by the Service Desk before access is granted to the Site. It is necessary to have the Customer or a representative of the Customer available to sign off once service is completed.
- Cancellation and Modification: You may terminate your Plan(s) at any time providing a Service Request has not been made. Once a Service Request has been executed, No refunds will be provided for any Cancellations during the Term.
Charges will be calculated on a pro rata basis and your balance refunded within 21 working days of Termination. Your Plan(s) can be paused for a maximum of 3 months. Plan(s) may be upgraded or downgraded. New payment on upgraded or downgraded plans will be calculated on a pro rata basis and communicated. Plan(s) may be moved to another address, however upgrade or downgrade calculations apply. To terminate, upgrade, downgrade or notify us of a change of address, please contact us via email/phone call.
- Exclusion: Plan(s) do not cover the replacement, repair or maintenance of parts and services other than those specifically covered by each Plan.
- Amendment: Beaver reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time by posting the amended Terms. Please check Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. Continued use of Beaver by the Customer constitutes binding acceptance of such changes.
- Liability: We shall not be liable for damages, including any indirect, incidental or consequential damages that arise from;
i. i. Any defects in materials used to maintain Covered Repairs; or
Defects in workmanship provided under the Plan(s). There are no express or implied warranties, warranties of merchantability, or warranties of fitness for a specific purpose offered with your Plan(s). Our liability for defective materials or workmanship is limited to repair of the defective material and/or a corrective service visit. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost profits or any other expenses, loss or damage directly or indirectly arising from the performance or non-performance of your Plan(s) or any covered Service(s) under your Package or the use or inability to use the covered Service(s) to which your Plan(s) applies. Beaver shall not be liable for any interruptions or delays on Service Requests due to Force Majeure Event. For the purposes of this clause, ‘Force Majeure Event’ means any events or circumstances or combination of events and circumstances which is reasonably beyond the control of the party affected thereby and which causes or results in default or delay in performance by such affected party of any of its obligations under this agreement and includes an act of God, war, hostilities, civil commotion, strikes and other such disputes.
- Indemnity: The Customer agrees to comply with all applicable laws, shall maintain the highest business and ethical standards and shall indemnify and hold harmless Beaver for any fines, penalties, legal and professional fees, or other direct or indirect damages caused by the Customer within the Site or executing the work as per the Service Request/Call. The Customer waives any right of recourse against Beaver and shall hold harmless and indemnify Beaver from and against claims, demands or proceedings resulting from any direct or indirect damages arising from an act and or an omission of Beaver relating directly or indirectly to the execution of the Service Call as well as any claims, fines, penalties, legal and professional fees, or other direct or indirect damages arising out the Customer’s violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms & Conditions constitute the whole agreement along with the Plan(s) and supersedes all previous agreements between the Parties. Each Party acknowledges that, in entering into these Terms & Conditions, it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out in these Terms & Conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud or for fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Governing Law & Dispute Resolution: Any dispute, claim and/or matter of interpretation arising directly or indirectly from these Terms & Conditions shall be governed by the Federal Republic of Nigeria. The Parties agree that any dispute, claim and/or matter of interpretation related directly or indirectly to these Terms & Conditions shall be resolved by arbitration pursuant to the Arbitration Laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria before one (1) arbitrator. The Parties agree that the seat shall be Abuja FCT.
- Assignment: Plan(s) subscribed to by a Customer is not assignable, save that Beaver may assign its rights under these Terms & Conditions to any subcontractors/ entity in its Group without requiring approval from the Customer.
- Severability: If any provision of the Package or this Terms & Conditions is void by the operation of Law, it shall not affect the validity of the whole agreement and other terms and conditions will remain in full force and effect.